shop nowprint recipe
Time to Table
6 (1/2 cup per serving)
- Heat the oven to 325 degrees.
- In a 1-quart saucepan, heat the milk and half-and-half until small bubbles form around edge. Set aside to cool slightly.
- In a medium bowl, beat the eggs and 1/3 cup of the sugar at medium speed until light in color and fluffy. Gradually add the warm milk mixture into the egg mixture, beating at low speed just until mixed. Stir in the sour cream and vanilla.
- Pour into 6 (6 ounce) flame-proof ramekins. Place the ramekins in a baking pan with sides. Pour very hot water in the pan half way up the sides of the ramekins. Bake for 30 to 35 minutes, or until the custard is set and the knife inserted near the center comes out clean.
- Remove from the water bath. Cool at room temperature for 15 minutes. Cover the tops loosely and refrigerate for at least 3 hours or until completely chilled.
- Sprinkle the remaining 1/2 cup sugar evenly over the custards. Place the custards as close to broiler heat source as possible. Broil for 2 to 3 minutes or until the sugar is melted, rotating and moving the dishes to melt evenly.
- Top with fresh berries, if desired. Serve immediately.
- Total Carbohydrate:31
- Total Fat:8