Frequently Asked Questions
If you have a question about Daisy® Sour Cream or Cottage Cheese, please check to see if we’ve answered it here. If not, feel free to contact our Consumer Relations Department.
- How can I preserve the freshness, flavor, and quality of my Daisy Sour Cream or Cottage Cheese?
There are a number of ways to help preserve the freshness and quality of your sour cream or cottage cheese, including, but not limited to, the following stay-fresh tips:
- Refrigerate the product as soon as possible after purchasing.
- Always use a clean utensil and avoid touching the inside of the container's plastic lid to help maintain the quality of the product.
- After spooning out what you need, promptly return the remaining portion to the refrigerator.
- To prevent liquid formation, smooth the surface of the product flat with a spoon just prior to placing it back in the refrigerator. This reduces the potential for separation.
- After first opening, remove the foil seal from the package completely and use the plastic lid to reseal.
- If the product is used infrequently, some natural separation might occur. Simply stir gently to blend it back together.
- How long do Daisy Sour Cream and Cottage Cheese stay fresh once opened?
- As a general guideline, you can expect the product to stay fresh for approximately two weeks after opening the container. By smelling, tasting, and looking at the appearance, you can use your best judgment to ensure the product’s freshness.
- What does the date on the package mean?
- The date on the package is a Sell By date, meaning this is how long the stores have to sell it.
- Are Daisy Brand containers recyclable?
- Yes, our plastic containers are recyclable. Daisy Brand uses polypropylene for containers because it is more suitable than other plastics for maintaining the quality of our products. Facilities that recycle polypropylene in your area might be limited. Please reference “recycling” in the yellow pages or contact the Department of Public Works in your town or county to see if facilities are available.
- Does Daisy have coupons for its sour cream and cottage cheese?
- Our coupons are often available in Sunday circulars in the markets where our products are sold. Be on the lookout for upcoming savings!
- How and where should I store Daisy Sour Cream and Cottage Cheese?
- Daisy Brand Sour Cream and Cottage Cheese should always be kept refrigerated. They will best maintain quality if stored on the lower shelves of the refrigerator. Vegetable drawers and door shelves are the most unsuitable locations to store sour cream and cottage cheese.
- Can I freeze my Daisy Sour Cream and Cottage Cheese?
- Please avoid freezing your sour cream and cottage cheese, as it can adversely affect the creamy texture and all-natural flavor of the product. However, you may use Daisy Brand Sour Cream and Cottage Cheese in a pre-prepared dish and freeze the prepared item.
- Are Daisy Brand products kosher?
- Yes, Daisy Brand products are produced under strict kosher supervision year round by the Chicago Rabbinical Council and increased special supervision for Passover.
- Are Daisy Brand products gluten-free?
- Yes, Daisy products are gluten-free. They contain no starch.
- What is Daisy's stance on growth hormones?
- Our products are made with milk from cows not treated with the growth hormone rBST.
- Are your products pasteurized?
- Yes, our products are made with pasteurized milk and cream.
- Does Daisy Brand make private-label products?
- No, Daisy Brand is dedicated and committed to making only Pure & Natural sour cream and cottage cheese under the Daisy Brand name.
- Are Daisy products irradiated?
- No, Daisy Brand products are not irradiated. Radiation exposure to milk products damages their delicate taste.
Sour Cream FAQ
- Where can I find Daisy Sour Cream?
- More than 90% of all grocery stores in the United States carry Daisy Brand Sour Cream, as well as a large number of club stores, military commissaries, and food service establishments across the nation. Please contact us to find a store near you.
- Does Daisy Sour Cream contain any common allergens?
- Our Sour Cream is a milk-based product and the production machinery is only used to run milk-based products.
- Does Daisy Squeeze contain the same ingredients as the original tub?
- Yes! The Daisy Squeeze contains the exact same sour cream you’ll find in our tubs.
- Is the Daisy Squeeze package recyclable?
- The cap is recyclable (Symbol 5 Polypropylene – same as the Daisy tubs). The film, however, is currently not recyclable in most areas but we feel that it will be widely accepted in the future.
- Does Daisy Squeeze come in a light version?
- Currently, the new Daisy Squeeze does not come in a light version.
Cottage Cheese FAQ
- If I have not opened my cottage cheese and it’s past the code date on the package, can I still use it?
- Because the date on the container is a Sell By date, it is OK to use any unopened cottage cheese within two weeks following the date. Because of its perishable nature, it is best to consume it within two weeks of opening, even if the Sell By date is in the future.
- What do the “2%” and “4%” mean on Daisy Cottage Cheese packaging?
- The percentages found on our packaging relate to the milk-fat content of each product. Similar to how milk is labeled, 4% cottage cheese is “regular” and anything labeled 2% (or lower) milk fat is low fat. More than 0% and equal to or less than 2% is low fat, because 0% is technically no fat.
- Where can I find Daisy Cottage Cheese?
- Daisy Brand Cottage Cheese is now available in the majority of grocery stores across the United States. Please contact us to find a store near you.
Call us at 1-877-292-9830 (toll-free)
between 8 a.m. and 5 p.m. (CST) Monday through Friday, excluding holidays.
Daisy Corporate Office
12750 Merit Drive
Dallas, TX 75251
By Online Form
Please complete our online form.Contact Us